If you're looking to spice up a space, then you definitely need to try out LED color changing lights. Maybe you've seen them used at an event or even in your neighbor's yard. No matter where you've seen them, expect to see them a lot more because they are becoming extremely popular. These amazing little inventions are extremely versatile and can be placed anywhere and display a wide range of different colors. Still not convinced? Well here's everything you need to know about LED color changing lights, how they work, and how you can use them in your home!
What Are LED Color Changing Lights?
LED color changing lights are an amazing new product that allows you to remotely customize the color of your lights! LED color changing lights come in a bulb form so that you can just use them in place of your regular lightbulbs in lamps and other light fixtures. LED color changing lights also come in individual wireless light units that allow you to place them wherever you want and control them with a remote control. For example, the LUMN8 EFX LED Remote Control Light from Boundery is waterproof and uses batteries so that you can place them outside, in the pool, or even in your game room! The best color changing lights feature a wide color range with beautiful colors like red, green, blue, orange, yellow, lime green, navy, sky blue, light blue, royal blue, purple, violet, and white. When you're dealing with multiple color changing lights, you can easily sync them all up to be the same color or make each one a different color with your handy remote control. Overall, color-changing LED lights are a great addition to any indoor or outdoor space that needs an extra pop of color.
How Do LED Color Changing Lights Work?
Unless you're a scientist, you're probably wondering how LED color changing lights even work. After all, we are so used to light that's white or even yellow that we don't even consider the possibility that light can come in a wide range of different colors! That being said, the 'normal' lights that you already have in your home actually come in a range of different colors that you've probably never even noticed before. This is because traditional lightbulbs feature different light temperatures that range from warm to cool. LED lightbulbs, on the other hand, can be made to show off a variety of different colored lights thanks to some pretty cool technology.
The color light that we see from LED bulbs depends on the level of energy being emitted from the light. For example, colors with higher energy and shorter wavelengths include purple and blue light. On the other hand, colors with lower energy and longer wavelengths include red and orange light. At the same time, you have to remember that individual LED lights can't completely change colors on their own. So instead, color-changing LED lights usually consist of three different LEDs that are red, green, and blue within a single casing. From there, you can remotely adjust and combine different lights together to achieve a wide range of different colors!
How to Use LED Color Changing Lights?
There are so many ways to use LED color changing lights ' the options are really endless! Overall, they are a great way to add some color and fun to any space for any occasion. Here are just a few of the ways that you can use LED color changing lights in and around your home:
- You can use LED color changing lights in your man cave to show off your team's colors! For example, if you're a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers, you can light up your room in yellow and purple. If you're a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you can light up your room in green and yellow. Or if you're a fan of the Boston Red Sox, you can light up your room in red and white to make it feel like you're at Fenway Park!
- You can use LED color changing lights to add ambiance for a party. For example, if you're having a holiday part you can use green and red. If you're having a Halloween party, you can use orange and black. Or if you're having a Fourth of July backyard BBQ, you can use red, white, and blue! Along with some festive decorations, all of your guests will be totally impressed by your gettogether.
- You can use LED color changing lights for a hip feature in a teen room. All you have to do is set them to your teen's favorite color and instantly take their room from boring to cool! In fact, they'll enjoy it so much that they'll actually want to spend more time at home instead of constantly being out with their friends since they have the 'cool room' that all their friends will envy. They are also the perfect addition to help spice up a boring and dull dorm room!
- You can even use LED color changing lights in water features like pools and ponds! If you really want to make your pool sparkle, LED color changing lights are totally waterproof and can be placed in your pool to add some fun light for a nighttime swim.
- Finally, if you're a big landscaping buff, you can use color-changing LED lights to really take your landscaping to the next level. You can use them to highlight different features of your yard like trees and shrubs or just help your yard stand out from the rest of the street. Color changing LED lights can definitely help you turn your backyard into a true oasis that will be the talk of the neighborhood!
No matter how old you are, LED color changing lights can be used in a variety of different ways to instantly make a space more exciting and aesthetically-pleasing. Indoors or outdoors, bright colors or neutral whites, LED lights are a great way to add some fun light features to your backyard, pool, home theater, or game room.